Saturday, June 6, 2009

Business Trips...

So, Steve has been gone for a few days on a business thing. We considered driving out to be with him for a day but the logistics of me, cooped up in a hotel room (since the weather is too cold to swim) with all 4 kids...not my idea of fun.
How is it that he gets to go out to lunches and dinners (paid for by the Co.) while I'm eating mac n cheese from a box?! Or just flat out be alone. Or hang out with other adults. No, feeding the kids, folding laundry, sweeping, unloading the dishwasher - reloading the dishwasher, playing referee, cleaning, bathing, etc...
I know it's hard for him to be away. He misses us. But really? 4 days of not having to take care of anyone else but yourself...I have NO IDEA what that's like or even what I would do. Granted he's working...but you can't work 24/7. He went and played golf this morning with one of the other DM's. Oooo how hard. I woke up with Annabelle's feet in my back and the kids asking for breakfast. Then I get to do 10 loads of laundry (which by the way isn't even all of it) while attempting to do some homework.

So, I just had to vent for a second. The worst part is... this is the first of 4 business trips. The month of July will be oh so much fun! Anyone have a job for my husband that doesn't require him to be gone 4 days a week??!?!!!?!?!

The kids start VBS on Monday so that should be great fun! =)

1 comment:

Jacob Mariano said...

He could become an at home stock trader. Then he could work in his PJ's. On a separate note, we should hear from the bank on Mon. as to whether they agree to our terms.