Friday, July 18, 2008

California...and their LAWS!

SO.... as of July 1st you have to use a hands free phone device if you want to talk on the phone while you drive. They have huge billboards advertising it and TV commercials... maybe it's a good law... maybe. Being from Arizona... we didn't have that law. The fine for talking on the cell without one is over $200! Luckily, Hailey has been sitting next to me in the front seat so she has been my hands free device for the past 2 weeks! =) She of course thinks that is AWESOME.

Steve threw away the boxes that our cell's came in and of course didn't bother to check what was inside so...he threw away the ear piece/mic thingy. I went to Best Buy to buy a hands free thing but found out that the one I bought didn't fit it. So today I went back to get a different one. AND I found out that my phone has Blue Tooth capability...didn't know that! I thought I had a cheapy phone but apparently Blue Tooth is included on the cheapy phones! =) So now I have an ear piece. You know, the ones that stick out of your ear and make you look like you are talking to yourself!

I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. But right now I feel like a dork! At least I know that I'm not the only dork in CA!!! =)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Jacob can't stand those things and calls them ear mites! or something like that. Got to love that California, I am sure Arizona will have it soon - we always seem to follow suit.