Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tried a new church today.

I miss my church. REALLY REALLY MISS MY CHURCH!!! Nothing compares. We tried a church this morning since it's the first Sunday since we've been here that we've actually been home. We went to the church that hosted the VBS that the kids went to this week. It was different than mine back in Arizona...(by the way...if you live in Arizona...check out CCV...I have the link on my blog...I LOVE IT!!!!) but it was good. Smaller. WAY smaller. But I'm sure most churches are smaller than CCV. I mean, CCV has 10,000 people on a given weekend. No that wasn't a typo...10,000. But it didn't feel that big. I have to say too...I miss my mom's group. *sigh* Starting over is so hard.

When we first told Hailey that we'd be moving she was very excited to get back near family but when we realized we wouldn't be in the same town she got pretty bummed. She cried and complained because she'd be leaving her friends in Arizona but not moving near her CA friends so she is going to have to make new friends. She, of course, says it's not fair and that I don't have that problem. I had to explain to her that it's NOT easy for me. I explained to her that when we moved to Arizona I left EVERYONE that I had known since I was a little girl...my parents, brother and sister, church, friends, job etc... It took me a little while to get to know people in Arizona but I did....just like she did. Now, it's hard again because just like her, we are not moving next to family... sure we're closer (2 hours instead of 6) but I still have to meet people. I don't know anyone here just like she doesn't so I do understand her tears.

Growing up can be so hard and at her age she is just way more aware of what is going on. She is 9 and going into the 4th grade. I pray for her everyday and I know that the Lord will have someone for her to become friends with...it's just a matter of getting Hailey to get over the shyness and meet someone! =) She can't wait for school to start...and for the weather to cool off so that they can play outside.
So, we'll keep trying churches till we feel like we that is where we are supposed to be.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love your blog, so glad you popped in to ours. Thanks for the nice comment. Hope you are all doing well, I hope to come for a visit soon! Time just seems to fly by these days. Love to you and yours. Can I put you as a friend?