Friday, October 31, 2008

Eggnog?!?! WHAT??

So, I was just at the grocery store... picking up a few things...and I saw it. It's October 31st...I know it's the last day of the month but c'mon....already? As I walked down the isles I noticed...Halloween stuff marked down...barely any thanksgiving stuff....and WHAT IS THAT??? Christmas? Seriously! I heard the Christmas music playing throughout the store...aren't we rushing this a bit?

I noticed all the baking stuff being displayed in the middle of the isle.... and then I saw it.... EGGNOG. Yup...Eggnog. And not just one kind....3 different varieties.... Regular, Light (c'mon...if you're going to have eggnog...make it the real stuff!!!!), Cinnamon, and Caramel Apple. Interesting....

I also noticed some mulling spice. Yea... I don't think everyone knows what that is but can I just tell you...it's yummy!!! My parents took the kids up to Oak Glen last weekend while Steve and I were enjoying our peace and quiet... and they brought us back some fabulous Apple Cider from the apple farm. I can't wait to warm it up and add the mulling spice... =)

Oh and .... I bought some eggnog too! =) I like to add it to my favorite Chai and it is such a heavenly drink! I'm glad it only comes around for a short while because if I had access to it all the time...I might be a little rounder than I already am! =) As soon as we get the eggnog at work...we're screwed! It is quite possibly the most popular drink of holiday's! You should try an Eggnog Chai. I'm going to go make one right now...you'll just have to wait until Starbucks gets the eggnog in...or... I can tell you how I make mine at home! =)

Don't all rush out and buy eggnog now....it'll be around for at least 2 more months.... =) Lucky me!

1 comment:

WhitsellFamily4 said...

You must get me that recipe... WITH HASTE WOMAN I'm pregnant... I cannot get it off my mind... i have to agree with being grateful there is not eggnog year round for fear of being shaped a bit more like an egg!
Love Al