Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A week? Already?

Um... sorry for not posting for a week. Time sure does go by fast.
My excuses - I mean reasons for not posting are as follows....

I had 13 loads of laundry. No...I'm not joking.

I had to pack suitcases for 4 kids, myself, and a husband that needed 2 weeks worth of clothes.

I had to play with my new dogs.

I had school work.

It was our 10 year Anniversary on Saturday and we hid at my parents cabin for the weekend.

Steve left for a business trip (2 freakin weeks!).

Came back from our weekend and um...I'm tired.

Do I really need to say more?!?! =)

So, it's true. It's been 10 years. Steve and I can't believe it.

We purposely ran into our college roommates (they married each other) this weekend and we visited with them for a bit. We were driving up to my parents cabin and they live up in the mountain community. So, as we drove by Steve says..."If their light is on...we're stopping!" **sorry Ryan and Jaime!** They were gracious enough to visit with us unexpectedly. =) Jaime was my roommate my sophomore year and she had lived next door to me our freshman year. Ryan was Steve's roommate in the...um...1 year that Steve was actually in school.... =) We used to hang out a lot so it was nice to visit with them.

They live up near my parents cabin so it was nice to see them. One of their daughters is Annabelle's age and the other is just a sweet, happy 10 mo. old baby. It was fun because they were having their littlest one dedicated on Sunday and all of their family was going to be there. We went to their church for the dedication and were able to visit with their families.

Steve had a wonderful guidance counselor at college and he truly respected and loved her....well, she was the aunt of my roommate, Jaime, so she was there at the church. It has been about 10 years since we've seen her (at our wedding I'm sure) and Steve was stoked to see her. They are just a great family.

Anyway, Jaime's mom and aunt were reminiscing about our wedding and we just laughed because it rained on our wedding day but they remember it as a "wonderful, sweet mist" !!! lol I love it! I just remember it as RAIN! =)

So 10 years later and 4 kids later....we are still together. =)

The cabin was wonderful. The weather was great and we walked around the Arrowhead Village for the day. We actually shopped and Steve got me an adorable dress and some new shoes! =) Yeah! It was strange that we didn't have the kids... but it was nice to be able to relax. We spent a couple of hours with Ryan and Jaime and the girls. Their littlest one had surgery this past Monday for a cleft palate. She is so little...it's hard to imagine such a little one having to deal with something so horrible as surgery. But she is a trooper because she has already dealt with a feeding tube and other medical things. Keep her in your prayers.

I guess that's about it for this week. I am not working for the next 2 weeks because of Steve being gone so that is kind of a bummer. I stopped in there yesterday and they were busy.... I miss it already!

Oh... it is Parent Teacher Conferences this week at the kids' school. I met with Hailey's teacher today. She has a wonderful teacher who is just the sweetest thing. Hailey is doing well...which is great. Tomorrow I'll be talking with Jeremiah's teacher. We love her too....so it's a good year! =)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy Anniverary! Happy B-Day too! Sorry I missed it, I don't have a new address for you guys. Thinking about you and glad you had a wonderful weekend.