Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Update because it's been TOO long!

Ok...so I've been distracted...or lazy...or busy...or tired...or whatever! I haven't blogged lately. Last week was crazy and this weekend was busy and all of a sudden I look up and it's Tuesday already. Every have one of those weeks? Months?!?!



Ok so here is the low down....are you comfy in your chair?

Last Saturday we took the kids to Home Depot because they have a kids craft time. It was funny to see the kids using hammers and making a truck. =) They LOVED it!






Last weekend my wonderful sister got us an audition for Family Feud so we drove to Hollywood on Tuesday night. I met my sister early but it wasn't early enough because, as they say.... time flies when you're having fun! We hung out for a bit at the shopping area at Hollywood and Highland. It was pretty fun. Rachel just laughed at me because we went into Sephoria and I just stood there like an idiot! Me...in a make-up store! Um...yeah...not my area of expertise! =) She chuckled because she said I looked like I felt out of place...um YEAH! I laughed because I think I realized that I use my kids as a security blanket. When it's just me, I have no idea what to do with myself. I'm used to having someone else to take care of... it's weird to be alone...in a store...with my sister and no kids! =)


If you look really hard you can see the Hollywood sign! =) I was acting like such a tourist...it was funny!








I had to take some goofy pics for my kids...a star on the walk of fame...the only person they really know (at least in the area I was in...) George Lopez. They know him from Shark Boy and Lava Girl =)
And of course....Sponge Bob....sorta! lol =)






So here is a picture of the El Capitan theatre. They were having a Disney Movie premier while we were there but I didn't see anyone exciting!





Ok...so they're not great pictures...

After we had some dinner we went over to the studio for the audition. There were 22 families there so we had to wait quite a bit. As it goes....we were one of the last groups to go! Figures! Oh well... we had so much fun though! We played a "game" and it was funny to hear the answers that people come up with. They told everyone that if they get chosen that a postcard will come in the mail. So far...no postcard BUT they did say it would be a couple of weeks so we're still hopeful! =)

So I left Hollywood and got home at about 11:30pm then had to be up to go to work at 3:30am! Yeah...I was a zombie! =) I had to go to Bible Study right after work so I was really a zombie in the afternoon. Man, I was tired.

So that was that.

Sunday was my birthday. I am finally 30!!! Yes, 30. Many people tell me that I look like I'm 18 ... until I tell them that I have 4 kids...then I get the weird looks. =)

Anyway, Steve tried so hard to surprise me with something. But I know him too well. He called me Nancy Drew! =) lol
So funny. I told him I was going to clean the play room on Saturday because it was getting out of hand. That's what happens when you have 4 kids and tons of toys! =)
So I came home from work on Saturday and he was scrubbing the kitchen floor...um...not normal. I had to go grab something from the grocery store for dinner and when I came back...he was vacuuming. Ok...somethings up. Then he tells me..."Get goin on the playroom!" LOL!!! I knew it! So I asked him..."OK! Who's coming over?!?!?!" He just got a smirk and said...I don't know what you're talking about! =) Anyway, my parents came out and my brother and sister in law. They stayed the night and we went to church on Sunday.
The funny thing is ... Hailey knew... and I said to here the I knew they were coming...she says to me that she can't wait to see me scream when they bring my present... hmmm... I thought to myself and I was pretty sure I knew what my present was...
They showed up at my door and this is what they brought with them...


















So HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!! =)



t







The kids had fun playing football in the back yard with Papa, Uncle Jake and Daddy. Fun in the back yard! =)





No comments: