Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's Wed....

So Jeremiah ripped open his birthday bag so quickly...that I missed it. Sorry, no pics. He was stoked to get 2 Spidey t-shirts and a couple of DVD's along with...candy. =)

Anyway, Steve and I will be celebrating 10 years on Saturday! Can you believe it's been 10 years? We joke that it feels more like 25! =) lol But truth be told...it's gone by pretty fast. He wasn't going to be in town originally because of a business trip but that got delayed so we're heading to my parents cabin. =) Yeah for us!!!! =) It will be a nice time to just get away. It's been so busy the last few weeks that we talk more on the phone than we do face to face. Do you ever have weeks like that? Whew! We do!

I don't work at all this next week. I have NO IDEA what I am going to do with my free time. Maybe I'll get my haircut. I'm totally embarrassed to say....I think it's been about 3 years since I've had my haircut. I'm not joking! My sister trimmed a bit last summer, in my mom's kitchen...yeah...so NOT a salon!!! =) But honestly it's just not high on my priority list. Especially when you consider how much money a salon can cost you.... I can fill up my SUV for what it would cost me... Steve just says...'Go to Super Cuts' ... um.... no. They SCREWED up my son's hair....so they won't be touching mine. Anyone near me know of a great hairdresser?

Whatever happened to the old barter system? You know....I'll cut your hair if you watch my kids for an evening? Or back in the day it would've been .... I'll trade you chicken eggs for some milk? Do know what I mean? Things have just gotten so expensive and so impersonal.

Remember when people used to actually know their neighbors? Yeah...we met 1 neighbor on the day we moved in. Haven't seen them since. We met another neighbor because the boys' ball was found in their yard! (that was a meeting that I don't wish to repeat!) oh and the finally neighbor we met... the couple next door...because their turtle had dug into our yard and was trying to hibernate. Wait...we met him twice....because the turtle got out twice... That's it. We live on a cul de sac and there are about 12 houses on our street. Now, I bet you're thinking..."why haven't you gone out to meet them?" Good question. My answer... lazy I guess. Partly, I know that we won't be here for a long time (maybe a year) and the last time we moved (from AZ to CA) the kids had to leave some pretty good friends. Fear. That's a good one. Fear of what they might think of me and our family. I know that our one neighbor is not keen on 4 kids living next door.... I guess it's just easier to drive into my garage and close the garage door than it is to actually get out and be vulnerable. I'm I preaching to the choir or does anyone else feel that way? It's really a shame. So, I was thinking... Hailey really wants to have a Christmas cookie party before their winter break.... So I thought of doing a huge open house cookie/coffee/hot chocolate party. If I just knock on the door and invite them....maybe they'll come. Maybe our neighbors don't know each other at all...and it would just take us getting everyone together for us to actually meet each other.

I'm going to do it. Whether I feel like it or not, I'm going to be social. =) Wanna come to my cookie party??!?!?!!? =)

Ok...sorry for the rabbit trail. I don't know where my thoughts were today. I have to go and do some homework now. Did I mention that I made the DEANS LIST again!!!!! Whooo Hoooo!!! That is 3 times in a row! I'm pretty excited. Ok...really... I have to go... =) Enjoy your Wed.

2 comments:

Tracie said...

Hey Tamar!
Just sending you a shout out to let you know I do read your blog so keep it up! also, love how the kids are the guinea pigs for Super Cut Haircuts. I don't blame you.
As far as being social... We have been in our house for 4 years and finally attended a Fourth of July party for the the first time this past summer. So it's not just you... Grats on the Deans List Girl! You go!

WhitsellFamily4 said...

Congrats on the dean list... That's NOT easy alone but you have 4 kids..> Wow i am truly impressed! I do know how you feel about you neighbors, i am beginning to think it is a california thing??? Love you Let me know when you cookie party is, who knows???? Also i will ask a friend i have who she goes to in Bakers for hair... lub you!
AL