Saturday, September 27, 2008

Election results and I'm tired!

So, Hailey did not win the race for Secretary. A 5th grade girl who's mom is a teacher at the school, won. Hailey was pretty bummed. I mean, really bummed. I picked her up from school and I could tell she was about ready to fall apart as she walked to the car. You know that look of...if I could just get in the car without crying, I can fall apart when no one can see me...bless her heart. She just fell apart in the car. It made me sad to see her so disappointed...but after a bit she jumped back up and said...I have a song picked out for next year's speech! We are so proud of her for even running and we've told her that, over and over. I do hope that she runs for something next year... =)


I have been busy! I have worked everyday this week and weekend and will continue to work until Wed... I have Thursday off! =) I have to be at work no later than 3:55am...(( I was so extremely early for my first day but my second day...I was 4 minutes late. I left a few minutes later than the day before but underestimated how long it would take me to actually get there... I admit I was late...and take full responsibility...well... the shift supervisor decided to um...well...not be very nice. She made me stand outside for 15 minutes while she took care of the money inside the store. Now, I know that when money is being handled, every safety precaution should be taken...however...when I got to the store...she didn't have the money out yet... so I think it was more of a "I'm going to make a point!" type of attitude. BUT then, once I did get in the store...there was no explanation of why she left me out there. It was 4am and dark...it would've been nice to know why my safety was put at risk... one of the other employees told me that it was because of the money but the supervisor didn't say anything. As a matter of fact, she told me to go sit in the back and just get started on my book once I did get inside - instead of helping set up like I had done the morning before. Ok...I'm nearly 30...a mom... and I've worked for many years... there was no need to treat me as if I was a child and send me to the back room, nor was there a reason for me to be disrespected and left outside without a apology or anything. I apologized for being late...which she pretty much shrugged off. *sigh* Oh well....we're moving on... it really wasn't a big deal but I think she made it into something. ))

Needless to say.... I am SOOOOO tired! =) It's been really fun though. All of the stuff is coming back to me, and once again I come home smelling of coffee. All things have been worked out with me and that particular supervisor...so that is good...


I have been running around trying to find donations for our Fall Festival.... grocery stores, other stores, Costco, etc... Some places just told me straight up that they don't have any money left in their budget for donations so I'd have to wait until next year... others have told me that they have to ask a district manager....but my fingers are truly crossed and prayers being said for Costco and another locally owned grocery store. They both told me that they would get back to me on Monday....I hate asking for stuff....it's so far out of my comfort zone...but I did it! And it wasn't so painful...just a little nerve racking....but not as scarry as I thought it would be.

I started a Bible study on Wed (Beth Moore!) and they mentioned that they were in real need of nursery workers...a paid position and only on Wednesdays. I'm thinking...I might do that too! =) They offer the Bible Study at night... so I can bring my kids to the kids center...watch other people's kids...for 3 hours and get paid $10 an hour...then go back WITHOUT my kids for the night study. Money is so extremely tight right now that the lure of $30 for 1 morning...times 4 weeks... works out to be over $100. I think that would at least help with groceries or gas or maybe pizza for a treat. *sigh* don't you wish there was a money tree? I would love to have farm land for that!!!! =)

No comments: