Monday, September 22, 2008

My plate is full!

Ok so, my day today has been crazy. Let's recap!

I got up at 3:30am to get ready for work...started at 4am. Got off around 8am and then went to a Room mom meeting at the kids' school...(did I mention I'm Jeremiah's head room mom?) then went to drop of the 2 little ones at preschool... then went to meet a lady about some furniture for my mom...then stopped off at the grocery store to grab a few things...took a movie back...came home and finished my homework...back to pick up the little ones from school...then Jeremiah from school...then Hailey from school... then home. *Whew* It's only 3:30...I'm tired! I still have dinner to do, baths and bed. Steve had to go out of town so I'm left to do it all! =)

On Thursday last week I got a call from the President of the PTC for the kids' school. She wanted to know if I'd be interested in helping out with the Fall Festival and so I said "sure"... she asked if I could attend the planning meeting the next morning and it just so happened that I could. Ok... I'm thinking a planning meeting for the school AT the school. NOPE! It was at the district office with the Superintendent and Associate Attendants as well as the PTC reps from the other elementary schools in our district. I felt like a fish out of water. Apparently, I am now the co-chair of the fall festival! Um...yeah ... like I have all the time in the world! Oh well...it'll be over in 3 weeks.

Then in the afternoon on Thursday I was contacted by the Room Mom Director for the kids' school. Apparently, my son's class is the only one in the entire school that did NOT have anyone volunteer to be the room mom...actually...only 3 parents offered to even help (me being 1 of them!). SO.... I am now the head room mom for his 1st grade class. Holy crap!

Hailey is running for Student Council so we have to prepare her speak for tomorrow morning. The voting takes place on Wednesday...oh and Jeremiah's class is doing a little song right after the flag salutes on Friday...can't miss that either. Are you tired reading this?! Because I'm tired just thinking about everything I have coming up...

So, between raising 4 kids, working part-time, going to school, and being a wife... I am now Co-Chair for Fall Festival and Head Room Mom. OH... and I start a Beth Moore Bible study on Wed. at the church that we found. *sigh* Tired is an understatement!

Well...I have to know contemplate what I'm going to make for dinner...get the bath tubs ready and try to get everyone in bed early...especially ME! =) but not before I clean my house because my mom is coming tomorrow...where is that husband when I need him?!?!?! Oh...he's enjoying the solitude of a hotel...all expenses paid by his company...including meals. I am eating hot dogs and cantaloupe while he gets Applebee's.... *sigh*

I hear screaming... Oh wait...that's just me! =)

No comments: